Louisiana Locator of the Year Award
ENTRY DEADLINE – January 3, 2020
Nominations are now being accepted for the Locator of the Year (LOY) Award! Excavators and member utilities, this is your chance to recognize a locator who has done an excellent job for you. Tell us why your nominee is the best of the best! Simply complete a nomination form below and we’ll take care of the rest. NOTE: Nominations must come from an excavator, contract locating company or member utility company. Nominating someone from within your company will be allowed and prior winners are not eligible.
Locators must be employed by a Louisiana 811 member or a contract locator employed by a member company and then meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2 years locating experience in Louisiana
- Must be in one of three LOY Award Classifications – Small (receive 4,999 locate tickets or less), Large (receive 5,000 locate tickets or more) and Contract company employees
- Must have been employed by a member company during 2019
- Must have completed the following number of locates – Small classification: minimum 500 locates in 2019, Large classification: minimum 3,500 locates in 2019 and Contractor: minimum 5,000 locates in 2019
- Did not have any “At Fault” damages in 2019
- Had Zero Safety Violations in 2019
- Established proactive relationships in damage prevention
Eligibility criteria will be verified by locator’s supervisor.
(3 divisions: small member company, large member company and contract locator)
- Cash prizes
- LA811 promotional items
- Bragging rights and recognition through LA811 magazine, Facebook and newsletter. News releases across the state.
- Entrance for you and one guest to the Louisiana Damage Prevention Summit.
- Winners will also be featured in appropriate industry publications.